TranSend integrated ePOD and Routing is designed to streamline delivery operations by planning optimum routes, monitoring the progress of each route in real time and managing the complete delivery process, including ePOD for proof of delivery and collection. TranSend ePOD and Route Management provides full visibility of the delivery operation with predictive ETAs and Jeopardy Alerts, enabling clients to better meet delivery time-windows and provide a more pro-active customer service experience.
David Cook, managing director, highlights the benefits to TranSend customers:
“For may fleet operators, one of the main barriers to ePOD implementation, is the process of building routes to provide the necessary data to feed into a proof of delivery system. TranSend is unique in providing integrated route planning and ePOD as a single solution. All the client has to do is provide an order file and TranSend does everything else.”
- TranSend is readily adopted by both drivers and office staff due to its ease of use and its ability to streamline the process from taking orders, through to getting them scheduled, delivered and invoiced.
- TranSend can be deployed on rugged or Android devices, or a mixed estate, where drivers download their allocated route for the day and then follow the prescribed process for deliveries and collections, including special instructions and capturing signatures, photos, etc.
- The Android app can be downloaded on the driver’s own device, which means that any subcontractors can user the same system.
- Back at the office, TranSend provides complete visibility of the route using GPS tracking from the mobile device, capturing any events and exceptions that have occurred along the route and managing driver compliance against the planned route.
- TranSend also allows the customer to design their own KPI dashboards, for real-time views of the operation in a format that is easy to visualise, understand and interrogate.
David Cook summarises:
For any fleet operator, TranSend takes away the pain of route planning and allows them to optimise routes and vehicle usage, whilst improving their delivery service, including proof of delivery and collection, with predictive ETAs and Jeopardy Alerts to ensure that they meet customer promises.
One such example is TranSend customer Dynamic Despatch, a specialist logistics supplier to the medical device market that operates up to 20 delivery routes per day.
Andrew Edwards, managing director at Dynamic Despatch, comments:
The flexibility and ease of use of the TranSend route optimisation system means that we can plan the most effective routes taking into account orders, locations, the number of vehicles available and customer delivery time-windows. Using TranSend for route optimisation and detailed delivery tracking, including ePOD, means that we can communicate even more closely with our customers and provide them with access to real-time information. We, and our customers, can see that each delivery arrives quickly and efficiently to its specified destination or recipient.