To meet the demands of food & drink retailers, restricted delivery time-windows are often the norm and the need for accurate deliveries and control of returned goods are critical in minimising shrinkage and speeding up the payment process for deliveries.
Here are some of the TranSend system features used by our food and drinks clients:
- Integrated route optimisation and electronic proof of delivery (ePOD)
- Cash collection handling
- Asset management of delivery cages
- Handling of delivery assets – e.g. keys required for delivery to certain sites
- Tracking to SKU level, handling different units of measure
- Driver prompts specific to drop and to individual items at each drop, e.g. temperature-controlled items
- Returns handling – non-deliveries and collections
- Load validation before leaving the depot.
Our food and drink clients include:
- Henderson Group use TranSend ePOD to optimise delivery efficiency to 400 SPAR and ViVO stores and the catering industry across Northern Ireland
- Debono Foods, Specialist food supplier, use TranSend’s electronic proof of delivery (ePOD) app and integrated route planning to underpin their premium delivery service for foodservice clients, including vehicle checks, temperature recording and payment handling.
- Penta Foods, is an Indian food manufacturer and distributor to restaurants and specialist food outlets with 2 UK depots and 60 vehicles.
- Brindisa Foods, who deliver fine Spanish food to the UK market from their London base with 8 vehicles.
- Harveys Brewery, deliver to their 47 pubs and free trade premises in London and the South East with 12 vehicles.
- Hildon Water, deliver their natural spring water to a prestigious client base with 12 vehicles.