If only all deliveries went 100% to plan without any exceptions, rejections or returns and credit handling . . .
The cost, time and effort needed to handle delivery exceptions manually makes it a slow process, but delivery accuracy and how you handle rejected or returned items has a direct impact on your business costs, your ROI and, not least, the perceived level of customer service that you provide.
With the latest version of TranSend, companies such as Palmer and Harvey, Wincanton and Perfect Home use sophisticated scanning, dynamic route planning, intelligent ePOD and smart returns management to ensure that products are delivered according to customer’s specific requirements and, using data captured at the point of delivery and back at the warehouse or depot, speed up customer refunds or replacements and ensure that as many items as possible are shown back in stock for resale – a win-win solution to reduce business costs and improve customer satisfaction:
- Load scan-on, using the route manifest, ensures that the right goods are on the right vehicle for each route, identifying any missing items before departure
- Dynamic route planning produces optimised routes with clearly identified delivery times which can be messaged to the customer the day before the delivery
- Accurate ETA’s with in-journey updates of ETA’s (using live traffic) with updated arrival notifications and jeopardy alerts
- Intelligent ePOD uses customised workflow by customer, contract and product including split cases, temperature monitoring and cash processing
- Real-time proof of delivery and exception data enables accurate invoicing or cash collection
- Smart returns management shows items for receipt back at depot for reverse scanning back into stock, remedial action or disposal
The TranSend ePOD app provides simple step-by-step instructions via the PDA, removing the need for detailed paperwork and saving driver time. Much more than ‘sign on glass’, the app manages the driver’s entire day including vehicle checks, trailer management, fuel recording and incident reporting.
You can see TranSend in action and hear more on our customer case studies at IntraLogistex, 15-16 March 2017