Caulfield Transport has selected TranSend electronic proof of delivery (ePOD) and integrated route planning to automate their delivery operation, remove paper processes, plan routes more efficiently, manage tasks, track activity and provide real-time visibility of deliveries in progress.
Caulfield Transport specialise in the distribution of white goods in Ireland, delivering to wholesalers and consumers for leading manufacturers, including BSH, Dimpco, Expert, Electrolux, Euronics, Fisher & Paykel, Hoover Candy, Indesit, KAL, Miele, Origo, Shomar, Whirlpool, Walker and Waterford Stanley.
In order to improve operational efficiency and to enable more accurate and timely invoicing, Caulfield has chosen TranSend to replace its paper docket process with accurate, real-time data that eliminates the need for duplication, manual sorting of orders into routes and document scanning.
TranSend are supplying delivery tracking, electronic proof of delivery (ePOD), route planning, optimisation and compliance for a fleet of 70 vehicles operating from Caulfield’s depots in Dublin and Cork. The system includes a supplier portal to provide manufacturers with online access to POD information and planned delivery dates, as well as a custom POD report to include supplier-specific information and terminology with the optional capture of ‘customer own paperwork’.
With TranSend, Caulfield Transport will benefit from:
- Dynamic Route Builder, which provides a graphical view of the planning process and order allocation with the ability to drag and drop orders onto any route.
- A flexible, user-friendly ePOD app provides route information and step-by-step instructions for each stop, capturing all data and events, including signatures and photos.
- Customer pre-delivery notification by email and SMS, reducing time wasted on cancelled deliveries and improving customer service.
- Apps for enhanced vehicle checks compliance and incident recording ensure that detailed data is captured and acted upon.
- Integration with Blue Tree telematics will enable driver behaviour information to be viewed in the TranSend back office system.
Fintan Caulfield, Managing Director at Caulfield Transport, comments:
“Our business is founded on the quality of our delivery service and our response to customers. With TranSend we have a system that will optimise routes and the utilisation of our fleet, reduce admin costs and enable us to invoice more accurately. We can now offer white goods suppliers and their customers a more efficient and transparent delivery service – all of which helps us to confidently compete for new delivery contracts.”