Version 3 of the TranSend ePOD app has a raft of new features that enable users to more pro-actively manage their delivery operation and provide a more responsive customer service:
- Predictive ETAs: GPS tracking of the driver’s device, combined with live traffic conditions using HERE maps, provides delivery operators and their customers with more accurate updates on ETAs. This is of real benefit to customers who can track their delivery right up to the time the vehicle arrives on site.
- Delivery Jeopardy Alerts: Driven from data captured on the driver’s device, alerts enable delivery teams to keep customers informed of any issues as they arise and better meet customer expectations, such as specified time-windows.
- Vehicle Checks & Defect Reporting: Drivers can simply highlight any exceptions on their PDA to streamline the checking process and save time. A new, intelligent ‘vehicle with trailer’ check sequence generates different checks dependent upon trailer type. Checks are prompted at the start and end of the day and also if a trailer is swapped during the day. End-of-day reports, showing defect with photos, complies with DVSA guidelines.
- Incident App: The recording process is prompted by the driver’s PDA; details are entered and an automated message is sent to the transport office. The incident logging location is recorded, together with any witness details and relevant photos.
- 2-Way Messaging: In addition to generating delivery alert messages, TranSend ePOD enables 2-way messaging between drivers and the back office, with acknowledgement checks to validate receipt. Bulk messages can be sent to defined groups, forward messages can be scheduled and attachments can be included, such as images or fitting instructions.
"TranSend customers are seeing real efficiency, time and cost-saving benefits from being able to manage their deliveries and jobs by exception. TranSend removes manual processes and provides accurate, real-time information at your fingertips, so that our users can offer a more responsive service to their customers. The new functionality in Version 3 of TranSend ePOD provides users with a truly intelligent delivery management solution, spanning proof of delivery & collection (ePOD), route compliance, vehicle checks and trailer management - all driven from the driver’s device.”
comments David Cook, managing director at TranSend Solutions Ltd