Palmer and Harvey use Zebra TC75 rugged Android mobile devices, with integrated satellite navigation, to run the TranSend ePOD app for driver and delivery management, providing 100% coverage across their delivery network.
With a delivery network of 15 regional depots, Palmer and Harvey serves over 88,000 UK retail accounts, and makes more than 60,000 deliveries every week to a diverse range of clients, including, Shell, Welcome Break, Costcutter Supermarket Group, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and 1000’s of unaffiliated Independent stores. Palmer and Harvey also undertakes distribution activities for major manufacturers, such as Coca Cola Enterprises.
Mark Leonard, Group Operations Director at Palmer and Harvey, comments:
Palmer and Harvey, the UK’s number one delivered wholesaler serving multiple, convenience, forecourt and CTN retail outlets, is to roll out TranSend ePOD to 793 drivers across its entire delivery fleet.
For our drivers TranSend is extremely easy and intuitive to use. Importantly, TranSend can handle all of our very specific customer requirements with workflow configured to provide the driver with detailed instructions at each stop by customer, by contract and by product.
The integrated delivery management solution from TranSend provides:
- Configurable workflow for each stop by customer, by contract and by product, such as GRN handling, sandwich returns, ‘drop and drive’, COD payment collection and uplifts.
- Electronic proof of delivery, recording any exceptions
- Accurate vehicle tracking using live traffic
- Vehicle checks and safety messages
- Two-way messaging between the back office and drivers
- Delivery asset recording for roll cages and totes
- Route compliance against plan
- Customer self-service portal
With the new TranSend centralised system, Palmer and Harvey will benefit from:
- improvement in cash flow from a reduction in automatic customer debits and disputed PODs pending POD confirmation.
- cost-reduction through lower mileage, driver debrief time and drop-time, reduced admin for POD handling and claims, reduced archiving and elimination of lost PODs.
- Increased customer satisfaction in resolving POD claims and queries quickly with access to a customer portal
- Real-time delivery alerts, both at branch and to the customer, advising live ETAs
- Tracking of delivery assets for accurate customer billing
Removing the cost and time overhead of managing manual processes, means that we can focus on developing our value-add service to both existing and potential customers. Having real-time information visible at each depot and at head office, means that we are alerted to any delivery issues as they arise and are able to respond quickly. The new delivery management system and redesigned process will automate the delivery operation, reduce operational and admin costs and improve efficiency, whilst handling customer-specific workflows, sandwich returns, GRN processing and uplift processes.
Download Zebra TC75 spec sheet